Job prospects Butcher Apprentice near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a butcher apprentice.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale (NOC 6331) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 3,690 people work in this occupation.
- Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 86%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: