Job outlook Cook near Cold Lake (AB)
Job opportunities for Cooks (NOC 6322) are limited near Cold Lake (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cook.
Job opportunities near Cold Lake (AB)
The employment outlook will be limited for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region:
- Approximately 810 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 68%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cooks (NOC 6322) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: