Job outlook Cook near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Cooks (NOC 6322) are good near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cook.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 15,380 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 80%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cooks (NOC 6322) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: