Job outlook Cook near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Cooks (NOC 6322) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cook.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The region is home to a large number of accommodation and eating establishments, given the dense population and significant tourism industry, which includes multiple festivals, conferences and sporting events. Cooks in the Toronto region may also find opportunities in food manufacturing facilities.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 22,440 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 83%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cooks (NOC 6322) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: