Job prospects Cook near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cooks near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a cook.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The region is home to a large number of accommodation and eating establishments, given the dense population and significant tourism industry, which includes multiple festivals, conferences and sporting events. Cooks in the Toronto region may also find opportunities in food manufacturing facilities.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 22,440 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 83%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: