Job prospects Chief Buyer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail and wholesale buyers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a chief buyer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 6222) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This occupation is well represented in the region, accounting for close to 60% of all workers in Ontario, as several of Canada's largest retailers and wholesale trade companies are headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale buyers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,060 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale buyers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 59%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: