Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in the Lanaudière Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Lanaudière Region. These trends also apply to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in the Lanaudière region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Employers are generally looking for candidates with a university degree or a college diploma, and experience in sales or in a technical field related to the products and services sold by the business. The knowledge of computers, in-depth knowledge of the characteristics of marketed products and services, bilingualism and good communication skills are assets. Knowledge of a foreign language, as well as experience in traveling or working abroad, may be required of those seeking employment with firms that import or export technical products and goods.
Employment in this specialized occupation evolves with trends that influence wholesale trade, the information and cultural industries, professional, scientific and technical services as well as manufacturing chemicals. Recently, the proliferation of stores with large inventory capacity and purchases abroad via the Internet have been detrimental to job creation. However, professional, scientific and technical services should contribute to growth, while the popularity of personal telecommunications and access to wireless networks remains high. In the medium term, consumer behavior, the volume of Québec imports and exports, as well as technological changes will continue to support the growth of this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Lanaudière region:
- Approximately 1,470 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 37%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 15%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: