Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in the Mauricie Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Mauricie Region. These trends also apply to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in the Mauricie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Employers are generally looking for candidates with a university degree or a college diploma, and experience in sales or in a technical field related to the products and services sold by the business. The knowledge of computers, in-depth knowledge of the characteristics of marketed products and services, bilingualism and good communication skills are assets. Knowledge of a foreign language, as well as experience in traveling or working abroad, may be required of those seeking employment with firms that import or export technical products and goods.
Employment in this specialized occupation evolves with trends that influence retail and wholesale trade, professional, scientific and technical services and the information and cultural industries. Recently, the proliferation of stores with large inventory capacity and purchases abroad via the Internet have been detrimental to job creation. However, management and administrative services and the professional, scientific and technical service industry are expected to contribute to growth, while the popularity of personal telecommunications and access to wireless networks remains high. In the medium term, consumer behavior, the volume of Québec imports and exports, as well as technological changes will continue to support the growth of this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 550 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 55%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: