Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in Nova Scotia
Job opportunities for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) are fair in Nova Scotia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
The employment outlook will be fair for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in Nova Scotia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Nova Scotia region:
- Approximately 2,150 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 44%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 11%
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 77% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade work all year, while 23% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 30 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade are self-employed compared to an average of 9% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Nova Scotia by economic region.
|Annapolis Valley Region||Fair Fair|
|Cape Breton Region||Fair Fair|
|Halifax Region||Fair Fair|
|North Shore Region||Fair Fair|
|Southern Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: