Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) are good in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be good for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 1,000 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 35%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 21%
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 13%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 81% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade work all year, while 19% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Good Good|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: