Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in Alberta
Job opportunities for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 19,000 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 37%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 8%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 7%
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 6%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 74% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade work all year, while 26% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of technical sales specialists - wholesale trade are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Good Good|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Good Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: