Job outlook Technical Sales Specialist - Metals near Montréal (QC)
Job opportunities for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) are good near Montréal (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Job opportunities near Montréal (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Employers are generally looking for candidates with a university degree or a college diploma, and experience in sales or in a technical field related to the products and services sold by the business. The knowledge of computers, in-depth knowledge of the characteristics of marketed products and services, bilingualism and good communication skills are assets. Knowledge of a foreign language, as well as experience in traveling or working abroad, may be required of those seeking employment with firms that import or export technical products and goods.
Employment in this specialized occupation evolves with trends that influence wholesale trade, the information and cultural industries, as well as computer systems design. Recently, the proliferation of stores with large inventory capacity and purchases abroad via the Internet have been detrimental to job creation. However, research activities and investments in telecommunications and professional, scientific and technical services should contribute to growth, while the popularity of personal telecommunications and access to wireless networks remains high. Retail trade will continue to contribute to wholesaler-distributor activity. In the medium term, consumer behavior, the volume of Québec imports and exports, as well as technological changes will continue to support the growth of this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 17,620 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 34%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 18%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 10%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 5%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: