Job prospects Community And Social Services Worker near London (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Social and community service workers near London (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a community and social services worker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Social and community service workers (NOC 4212) in the London region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Social and community service workers in the London region:
- Approximately 2,680 people work in this occupation.
- Social and community service workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 72%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 9%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: