Job prospects Sheet Metal Worker near Sudbury (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Sheet metal workers near Sudbury (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a sheet metal worker.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Sheet metal workers (NOC 7233) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over the forecast period, sizeable investments in education, public facilities, and mining operations will help support the regional construction base. Although the residential market may not see as much development as other areas, there is still some activity in the larger urban centres especially for multi-unit housing.
Here are some key facts about Sheet metal workers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 190 people work in this occupation.
- Sheet metal workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 77%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 11%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: