Job outlook Sheet Metal Worker near Sudbury (ON)
Job opportunities for Sheet metal workers (NOC 7233) are fair near Sudbury (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a sheet metal worker.
Job opportunities near Sudbury (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Sheet metal workers (NOC 7233) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over the forecast period, sizeable investments in education, public facilities, and mining operations will help support the regional construction base. Although the residential market may not see as much development as other areas, there is still some activity in the larger urban centres especially for multi-unit housing.
Here are some key facts about Sheet metal workers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 190 people work in this occupation.
- Sheet metal workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 77%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 11%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Sheet metal workers (NOC 7233) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: