Job outlook Plumber near Hamilton (ON)
Job opportunities for Plumbers (NOC 7251) are fair near Hamilton (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a plumber.
Job opportunities near Hamilton (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Plumbers (NOC 7251) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Increased development in the city of Hamilton and the surrounding communities will sustain construction activity in the area. Several investments in educational facilities, industrial plants, and water and wastewater infrastructure will take shape over the forecast period, supporting the need for plumbers. Although housing starts for multi-dwelling structures will likely soften in the near term, construction activity for high-rises should remain steady as developers work to complete pre-sold units. Meanwhile, starts for single-detached units may trend lower though the region may continue to benefit from spillover demand from the Greater Toronto Area.
Here are some key facts about Plumbers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,620 people work in this occupation.
- Plumbers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Plumbers (NOC 7251) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: