Job outlook Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) near Kentville (NS)
Job opportunities for Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233) are good near Kentville (NS) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.).
Job opportunities near Kentville (NS)
The employment outlook will be good for Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233) in the Annapolis Valley region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This is a large occupation and opportunities arise frequently as people changes positions. The work can be physically-challenging, often with less than regular hours or involving shift work, which may contribute to some turnover. The role of the licensed practical nurse (LPN) has broadened and includes a wider range of duties in the face of limited budgets. While hospitals employ a large number of LPNs, opportunities have become more plentiful in nursing homes and through providers of home care, as the health care system shifts toward alternative care for people with chronic illnesses and disabling conditions.
Here are some key facts about Licensed practical nurses in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Licensed practical nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 49%
- Nursing and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 34%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 15%
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: