Job outlook Occupational Therapist (OT) near Kelowna (BC)
Job opportunities for Occupational therapists (NOC 3143) are fair near Kelowna (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an occupational therapist (OT).
Job opportunities near Kelowna (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Occupational therapists (NOC 3143) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Occupational therapists in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 260 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Occupational therapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 79%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 18%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Occupational therapists (NOC 3143) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: