Job prospects Medical Specialist near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Specialist physicians near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a medical specialist.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
About 3-in-4 specialists are employed in the city of Toronto which also has a school of medicine. Population growth and continued investments in the broader economic region's high number of health facilities and educational institutions should support job prospects for these professionals.
Here are some key facts about Specialist physicians in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 11,980 people work in this occupation.
- Specialist physicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: