Job outlook Construction Inspector near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Construction inspectors (NOC 2264) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a construction inspector.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Construction inspectors (NOC 2264) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
There are a large number of residential, commercial, and public infrastructure developments in progress in the Toronto area. Construction is underway on the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Port Lands Flood Protection Project, the Highway 427 Expansion project, and on CIBC Square. There are also several transit projects in the works throughout the Greater Toronto Area including the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit line, the Finch West Light Rail Transit line and expansions to the GO Transit network. In addition, construction is ongoing on the refurbishment of the Ontario Power Generation Darlington Nuclear Generating Station, which will take place over the next decade. The number of housing starts may decline especially in the low-rise market. Building activity for high-rise dwellings such as condominiums will remain strong though as builders work to complete pre-sold units from 2016 and 2017. This will keep the number of units under construction in the region at heightened levels.
Here are some key facts about Construction inspectors in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 3,490 people work in this occupation.
- Construction inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 35%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 28%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 16%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Construction inspectors (NOC 2264) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: