Job prospects Design And Drafting Technologist near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Drafting technologists and technicians near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a design and drafting technologist.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be limited for Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Drafting technologists and technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,490 people work in this occupation.
- Drafting technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 52%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 17%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 5%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: