Job outlook Quality Control Technician - Chemical Processing near Kelowna (BC)
Job opportunities for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) are fair near Kelowna (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a quality control technician - chemical processing.
Job opportunities near Kelowna (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemical technologists and technicians in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 160 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Chemical technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 20%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 9%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 7%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: