Job outlook Assistant Passenger Service Co-ordinator - Railway near Calgary (AB)
Job opportunities for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) are fair near Calgary (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an assistant passenger service co-ordinator - railway.
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 920 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 50%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 26%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 18%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: