Job prospects Electrical Station Operator - Electrical Power Systems near Longueuil (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Power engineers and power systems operators near Longueuil (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an electrical station operator - electrical power systems.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Power engineers and power systems operators (NOC 9241) in the Montérégie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Power engineers and power systems operators in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 620 people work in this occupation.
- Power engineers and power systems operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 17%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 10%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 9%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: