Job prospects Corporate Sales Manager in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a corporate sales manager.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Corporate sales managers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 2,000 people work in this occupation.
- Corporate sales managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 23%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 16%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 6%
- Monetary Authorities - central bank and securities, commodity contracts and other intermediation and related activities (NAICS 521, 522, 523): 6%
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 76% of corporate sales managers work all year, while 24% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 39 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of corporate sales managers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kootenay Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Limited Limited|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Limited Limited|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: