Job prospects Passenger Service Attendant - Railway in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a passenger service attendant - railway.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 58%
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 11%
- Other schools and instruction (NAICS 6115-6117): 11%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 11%
- Religious, grant-making, civic, and professional and similar organizations (NAICS 813): 11%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 52% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 48% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 48% of support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 21 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: