Job prospects Passenger Service Attendant - Railway in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a passenger service attendant - railway.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Tourism was greatly reduced during the pandemic due to travel restrictions and public health orders. Visitor traffic and tourism revenue will likely increase after Canada reopens its borders to all fully vaccinated foreign nationals in September 2021. The easing of travel restrictions will continue to support job growth for accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors.
Here are some key facts about Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 200 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 34%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 27%
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 9%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 7%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 62% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 38% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 36% of support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services work all year, while 64% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services (NOC 6721) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: