Job prospects Liquor Controller - Inventory near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Purchasing and inventory control workers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a liquor controller - inventory.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 1524) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing and inventory control workers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,540 people work in this occupation.
- Purchasing and inventory control workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 28%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 19%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: