Job outlook Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service in Alberta
Job opportunities for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) are limited in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an officer, security analysis - postal service.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be limited for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Security guards and related security service occupations in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 12,250 people work in this occupation.
- Security guards and related security service occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 73%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 81% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 19% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 54% of security guards and related security service occupations work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of security guards and related security service occupations are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: