Job prospects Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Security guards and related security service occupations near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an officer, security analysis - postal service.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Many areas of the economic region are experiencing fast population growth which have resulted in significant investments in high-rise mixed use condominium buildings. These along with the density of other commercial facilities will create favourable job prospects for these workers in the area.
Here are some key facts about Security guards and related security service occupations in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 25,240 people work in this occupation.
- Security guards and related security service occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 74%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: