Job outlook Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service near Ottawa (ON)
Job opportunities for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) are fair near Ottawa (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an officer, security analysis - postal service.
Job opportunities near Ottawa (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Opportunities may be better for individuals who are bilingual in French and English.
Here are some key facts about Security guards and related security service occupations in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 4,790 people work in this occupation.
- Security guards and related security service occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 62%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 12%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 5%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: