Job prospects Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Security guards and related security service occupations near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an officer, security analysis - postal service.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Opportunities may be better for individuals who are bilingual in French and English.
Here are some key facts about Security guards and related security service occupations in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 4,790 people work in this occupation.
- Security guards and related security service occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 62%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 12%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: