Job outlook Bending Machine Operator - Metal Forging near Sherbrooke (QC)
Job opportunities for Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) are fair near Sherbrooke (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bending machine operator - metal forging.
Job opportunities near Sherbrooke (QC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) in the Estrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Metalworking and forging machine operators in the Estrie region:
- Approximately 310 people work in this occupation.
- Metalworking and forging machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 30%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 18%
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 15%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 14%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: