Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Administrative assistants near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an administrative assistant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 17,230 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 17%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 15%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: