Job prospects Massage Therapist (MT) near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Massage therapists near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a massage therapist (MT).
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Massage therapists (NOC 3236) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Massage therapists in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,620 people work in this occupation.
- Massage therapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 84%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: