Job prospects Instructor, First Aid in Alberta
Job opportunities for Other instructors (NOC 4216) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an instructor, first aid.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Other instructors (NOC 4216) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other instructors in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,550 people work in this occupation.
- Other instructors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other schools and instruction (NAICS 6115-6117): 57%
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111): 13%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 47% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 53% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 36% of other instructors work all year, while 64% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 27% of other instructors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Good Good|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Good Good|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Good Good|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other instructors (NOC 4216) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: