Job prospects Computer Network Technician near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Computer network technicians near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a computer network technician.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Computer network technicians (NOC 2281) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Computer network technicians are expected to benefit generally from the region's large and growing business base, including the financial services hub. Toronto also accounts for an-above share including of the larger computer systems and design services firms in terms of employee size, which should support job prospects for computer network technicians in the region.
Here are some key facts about Computer network technicians in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 11,250 people work in this occupation.
- Computer network technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 27%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 16%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 13%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: