Job prospects E-business Web Site Developer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Web designers and developers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an e-business Web site developer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Web designers and developers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,530 people work in this occupation.
- Web designers and developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 59%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: