Job prospects Accounting Technician in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 1,400 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 17%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 14%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 61% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 20 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: