Job prospects Accounting Technician in Alberta
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 29,050 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 28%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 54% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 46% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 63% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers work all year, while 37% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 31% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Limited Limited|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Limited Limited|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Limited Limited|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: