Job outlook Accounting Technician near Vancouver (BC)
The job outlook for an accounting technician working near Vancouver (BC) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311).
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2018-2020 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 15,290 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 34%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: