Job outlook Accounting Technician near Québec (QC)
The job outlook for an accounting technician working near Québec (QC) is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311).
Job opportunities near Québec (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Capitale-Nationale region for the 2018-2020 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A secondary school diploma or a college diploma in accounting or a related field is usually required. Opportunities will be accessible mainly to for graduates of these training programs and to accounting or financial services clerks with some years of experience. Employers are usually looking for people who are independent, rigorous, and able to adapt quickly to diverse situations, to communicate effectively with internal and external clients, and work under pressure. The knowledge of accounting software and the Microsoft Office suite, in particular a proficiency in MS Excel, as well as bilingualism (both written and orally) are commonly sought after assets.
Employment growth for this occupational group depends primarily on the demand for bookkeeping and financial statement compilation services, as well as payroll services. Labour requirements related to the implementation of new accounting rules, a more extensive monitoring of cash flows, transparency and fraud prevention will continue to boost the growth of accounting services. However, since accounting services can be found in all industries, employment growth remains dependent on the economic situation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Capitale-Nationale region:
- Approximately 2,160 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 24%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 15%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 5%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: