Job outlook Accounting Technician near Montréal (QC)
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are good near Montréal (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities near Montréal (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A secondary school diploma or a college diploma in accounting or a related field is usually required. Opportunities will be accessible mainly to for graduates of these training programs and to accounting or financial services clerks with some years of experience. Employers usually look for self-reliant, rigorous, diplomatic people who can quickly adapt to various situations and communicate effectively with internal and external clients. Bilingualism, as well as the knowledge of accounting software and the Microsoft Office suite, in particular a proficiency in MS Excel, are commonly sought after assets.
Employment growth for this occupational group depends primarily on the demand for bookkeeping, financial statement compilation and payroll services. The need for new accounting rules, cybersecurity, deeper cash flow tracking, transparency and fraud prevention will continue to drive the expansion of accounting services. However, since these services are found in all industries, the evolution of employment remains dependent on economic conditions.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 13,110 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 34%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: