Job prospects Accounting Technician near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an accounting technician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Jobs prospects in this region will be supported by the high number of businesses, as well as the above-average share of the province’s larger offices of accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and related services firms.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 26,850 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: