Job outlook Accounting Technician near Peterborough (ON)
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are fair near Peterborough (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities near Peterborough (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region:
- Approximately 1,820 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 35%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: