Job outlook Accounting Technician near Halifax (NS)
The job outlook for an accounting technician working near Halifax (NS) is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311).
Job opportunities near Halifax (NS)
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Halifax region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 1,410 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 25%
- Finance, insurance and real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
- Nursing and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: