Job outlook Accounting Technician near Kelowna (BC)
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are good near Kelowna (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities near Kelowna (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 4,000 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 33%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: