Job outlook Accounting Technician near Calgary (AB)
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are fair near Calgary (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 10,020 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 40%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 7%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: