Job prospects Receptionist near Winnipeg (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Receptionists near Winnipeg (MB). These trends also apply to people working as a receptionist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Receptionists (NOC 1414) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Receptionists in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 3,790 people work in this occupation.
- Receptionists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 49%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: