Job prospects Receptionist near Halifax (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Receptionists near Halifax (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a receptionist.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Receptionists (NOC 1414) in the Halifax region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Receptionists in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 2,150 people work in this occupation.
- Receptionists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 28%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 16%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: