Job outlook Construction Manager near Ottawa (ON)
Job opportunities for Construction managers (NOC 0711) are good near Ottawa (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a construction manager.
Job opportunities near Ottawa (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Construction managers (NOC 0711) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Sizeable investments in public infrastructure, transit, and warehousing will support non-residential building activity.Construction will continue on the region's transit network with Stage 2 of the Confederation Line Extension Project and the Trillium Line Extension Project set to begin. This is one of the biggest infrastructure projects taking place across eastern Ontario and it is a major source of work for the industry. Growth in downtown Ottawa's technology hub along with improved transit may create opportunities in the commercial market to meet population growth. Housing starts should be rather positive in the near term. The low-rise market will see much of the activity as housing starts for multi-unit dwellings may ease as several projects are currently under construction and will come online over the next two years.
Here are some key facts about Construction managers in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 2,460 people work in this occupation.
- Construction managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 77%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Construction managers (NOC 0711) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: