Job outlook Cashier in Ottawa Region
Job opportunities for Cashiers (NOC 6611) are fair in Ottawa Region over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cashier.
Job opportunities in Ottawa Region
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Individuals who are fluent in English and French will have improved employment prospects.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 12,740 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 72%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 22%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: